His steps are based on six themes…
(1) Who is your customer?
(2) What can you do for your customer?
(3) How does your customer acquire your product?
(4) How do you make money off your product?
(5) How do you design and build your product?
6) How do you scale your business?
His belief is we have a crisis in storytelling, and successful entrepreneurship requires the spirit of a pirate combined with skills of a Navy Seal. Disciplined Entrepreneurship focuses on the IDE (inspiration driven entrepreneurship) vs. the SME (small to medium enterprise), and is value-based vs. credential-centric. Its strength comes from the heterogeneity of the team and cross-functional enterprise. The process is not any one tool, but rather a combined toolbox.